Day six “Lord, remind me how brief my time on earth will be. Remind me that my days are numbered, and that my life is fleeing away.”
Okay life is a test, a trust and…
“Life on earth is a temporary assignment.”
We talked about the fact that life here on earth is boot camp for eternity, preparation for eternity, dress rehearsal! As we grow older, we begin to see just how short our lives truly are! At 51, I can’t believe I’ve lived a good portion of my time on earth…I have 3 grandchildren and even they are growing up fast! My husband and I have been married for 32 years next month and our children are ages 30 and 27...no wonder his hair is white (mine is not! And NO, I don’t color it!)!
We need to remember that earth is not our ultimate home. Does this give you any comfort or is it frightening to you?
Rick Warren says one reason we are never satisfied completely is because we aren’t made just for the here and now. We are made for God.
No comments:
Post a Comment