The full verse is this:
"But seek the kingdom of God, and all these things[c] shall be added to you. (NKJV) Luke 12:31
Listen to more from this passage in one of my favorite translations of the Bible (The Message):
29-32 “What I’m trying to do here is get you to relax, not be so preoccupied with getting so you can respond to God’s giving. People who don’t know God and the way he works fuss over these things, but you know both God and how he works. Steep yourself in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. You’ll find all your everyday human concerns will be met. Don’t be afraid of missing out. You’re my dearest friends! The Father wants to give you the very kingdom itself.
33-34 “Be generous. Give to the poor. Get yourselves a bank that can’t go bankrupt, a bank in heaven far from bankrobbers, safe from embezzlers, a bank you can bank on. It’s obvious, isn’t it? The place where your treasure is, is the place you will most want to be, and end up being.
As I read "Don't be afraid of missing out", a reality jumped at me. That's it! That's me! I'm so afraid I'm going to miss something here during this earthly life, I find myself running from this project to that project, from this event to that event, from this creative endeavor to that creative endeavor. I find myself writing, creating, cooking, planning, running, jumping, seeking, and what happens? I miss the most important thing about life...
"Seek me first."
Three little words but words packed full of eternal truth.
Dear Jesus, Please keep me on track. Please keep me focused on You. Help me to center on You. I thank You that You have promised what You start, You complete!
No comments:
Post a Comment