As much as I enjoy life, I have to confess that sometimes life is struggle. There are so many things to overcome. I try to be honest with myself and with others but there are some areas of my personal struggle that are hard to confess. I'm sure it says something about my personality,emotional make up and general psyche that I even feel the need to share and confess some very personal areas of me. I'll leave that to those of you who are qualified to do so and hope that the rest of you will be able to relate in some way to my ramblings.
Tomorrow morning I have an appointment with my local Curves. Now on the surface, maybe this doesn't sound like much of a struggle or like much a of confession but to me it is. I've decided that one way I may keep myself motivated to do something really good for myself like get healthy, is to chronicle the process step by step. So get ready, I'm about to confess one of my biggest secrets...my weight! Since turning 40 quite a few years ago, I've begun to struggle with my weight. I've never been a big exerciser. I'd rather be baking, cooking, or decorating but in the past...hummmmmmmmmmmm, another confession here, 15 years I've put on a lot of weight. In fact, I've put on about 40 lbs. For woman of my height and build (I'm not a petite little thing), I carry weight pretty well. At least, I can carry an extra 20 or so without totally loathing myself. But now that I've eaten my way to about 210 lbs, I really don't like the way I look or for that matter, the way I feel. I feel like an old woman. My legs and feet ache. My arms ache. I have trouble getting off the floor (if I dare to get down on the floor). I can't walk for several miles without feeling like I've run a marathon. I have a double chin, a triple belly roll, and a really cute (NOT!)dimpled butt! Oh and did I mention my legs...well, they look like rather long stumps.
All this being said, I decided (again) last week to begin eating healthier and now that I've had a little success with the eating part, I've made myself an appointment at Curves. Tomorrow morning, I'm going to drag my marshmellowy self out of bed an hour earlier, put on my big girl panties (literally), and do something about it. Look out Curves, here I come.
I'll keep you posted as to how this develops. Now that I've told you what I weigh, I feel much more obligated to stay true to the plan. I may even post some very G rated videos of this new journey.
PS: Don't tell anyone what I weigh, ok???
1 comment:
I am certain you will do a fabulous job! Though I think you are beautiful just the way you are! :-)
Post a Comment