30-33"If God gives such attention to the appearance of wildflowers—most of which are never even seen—don't you think he'll attend to you, take pride in you, do his best for you? What I'm trying to do here is to get you to relax, to not be so preoccupied with getting, so you can respond to God's giving. People who don't know God and the way he works fuss over these things, but you know both God and how he works. Steep your life in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. Don't worry about missing out. You'll find all your everyday human concerns will be met. Matthew 6:30-33 (The Message)Perhaps one of the hardest lessons I've had to learn is best summed up in the verses above. While I try so hard to stay on the "straight and narrow", I inevitably end up taking a detour around this corner or that! I get so preoccupied with living this life to the fullest, I take many turns that aren't needed and are some times destructive. Thankfully, though, God has a way of REELING me in just before I go over the cliff or crash and burn!
Today, my little family came to church to honor their dad's 18th anniversary teaching, preaching, and ministering to our little congregation of believers. As I sat in church with my children and grandchildren, and worshiped the God who has given me so much, I felt a sense of joy like no other. We came home and shared a big, old fashioned Sunday dinner and again, as I sat down with my family, I realized I am living life to the fullest! Jesus said it this way...
Steep your life in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. Don't worry about missing out. You'll find all your everyday human concerns will be met.
No comments:
Post a Comment