Your life is a journey you must travel with a deep consciousness of God. (from 1 Peter 1 - The Message)
I love to travel but I have to admit I haven't traveled very much or very far. One of my dreams is visit Italy and experience the culture and food of the Tuscan region....Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! The very thought of it excites me! I can just see myself exploring a small Italian village...smelling and tasting the wonderful food, drinking up the sunshine, seeing the architecture, viewing an Italian sunset...you get the picture, I'm sure! If I ever "get there" I'll have a dream fulfilled!
I've also come to believe that life is a journey and while the "getting there" is a wonderful anticipation, I believe the journey is what really matters. Don't get me wrong, I love the thought of Heaven...my eternal home but the journey is so interesting! The journey is full of surprises, some good and some not so good but I'm learning that even a flat tire along this journey with God can yield some beneficial results! I'm learning that even when on a flat piece of road with nothing around but a few bushes and black birds, there are lessons to be learned. Sometimes the journey takes a surprise dip in the road and I have to catch my breath! Sometimes the journey is winding like driving up a mountain road and I'm scared but excited all at the same time. Sometimes while traveling the journey, I meet someone interesting who changes my life. Sometimes, it rains. Sometimes, the sun shines. Sometimes the road is paved and sometimes it is not. BUT...the journey is always interesting and when it is traveled with "a deep consciousness of God", it is always fulfilling.
Happy traveling!
Love, Jane
1 comment:
i love your blog!
Post a Comment